Dark Days in Sion
- Hit Dice: 2d12
- Speed: 30 ft, Fly 50 ft (average)
- Armor Class: +4 natural armor
- Base Attack: +2
- Face/Reach: 5 ft x 5 ft/5 ft
- Damage: Bite 2d4+1; claws 1d6
- Special Qualities: Energy Resistance, immunities, keen senses, light sensitivity, sorcerers blood
- Abilities: +2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con, +2 Cha
- Racial Skills: (4 + Int) Hide +2, Intimidate +4, Listen +2, Move Silently +2, Profession (miner) +2, Search +2, Spellcraft +4, Spot +4
- Bonus Feats: Alertness, Hover, Silent Spell
- Special Abilities: Brood dreams
- Saving Throws: Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +3
- Alignment: Usually lawful evil
- Favored Class: Sorcerer
- Weapon Proficiencies: All Simple Weapons
- Armor Proficiencies: Light Armor only, no Shields
- ECL: +3
Brood dreams (Su): 1x/day a Greater Kobold may send dreams to any Kobold as per the Dream spell, regardless of distance.
Energy Resistance (Ex): Greater Kobolds have resistance 5 vs. acid, cold, electricity, fire and sonic attacks.
Immunities (Ex): Greater Kobolds are immune to sleep and paralysis.
Keen Senses (Ex: Greater Kobolds can see four times as well as a human in low-light conditions and twice as well in normal light. It also has darkvision with a range of 120 feet.
Light Sensitivity (Ex): Greater Kobolds suffer a -4 penalty to attack rolls and a -2 penalty to skill checks and saving throws in bright sunlight or withing the radius of a Daylight spell.
Sorcerers Blood (Su): All Greater Kobolds are born sorcerers, able to channel magic as their draconic birthright. They begin play able to cast spells as a 2nd level sorcerer and if they take further sorcerer class levels they add +2 to their effective caster level and effective level for known spells per day and access to spell levels.
Greater Kobolds are creatures of legend, who secrete themselves from outsiders in the deepest corners of kobold lairs, dispensing their orders and mandates to the kobolds around the world. This form of imposed isolation, far from cowardly, is endured in the knowledge that should they show themselves to any but their lesser cousins they would certainly be exterminated.
They are larger version of kobolds with decidedly draconic features, although indistinct and not corresponding to any of the known dragon species. They are the missing link between dragons and kobolds. Their wings are their most distinctly draconic feature, strong enough to carry them aloft and sustain a prolonged glide.
Greater kobolds rule from their deep lairs, issuing commands either directly to local kobold leaders or through dreams to their distant lesser brethren.
|Customs, Kinship, and Marriage|
Greater kobolds can only mate with those of their own species, and their birth rates are low. On average Greater Kobold females only birth spawn once every 10 years. Sometimes, a Greater Kobold may hatch from a clutch of normal kobolds, and this is considered very auspicious.