Dark Days in Sion
As of now starting characters are 5th level. You roll for starting gold for 1st level and then add 1,000 gp for each additional level you have. The standard rules for starting wealth (As per pg. 135 Dungeon Masters Guide) are not being used.
4d6 (drop the lowest, re-roll 1’s, re-roll any stat less than 9.) Add up the stats, if the total is less than 81 you may add the difference as a bonus to your stats. However no stat may start above 18 unless a racial modifier allows it too.
- Note: To roll your stats online go to rolz.org and enter DDS Character Creation as the dice room. The code for using my roling method on rolz.org is: #repeat 6 reroll=1 4d6h3
All classes start at max hp’s at first level, each level thereafter you keep half your max, and roll a die for the other half. Example, Barbarian at level 2 gets 6hp automatically, and rolls 1d6 for the other half. Wizard at level 2 gets 2hp automatically, and than rolls a 1d2.
At character creation each character gets 1 Fate Point per level as a one time bonus. Once a character is in play, their player must earn further fate points for them as story awards at my discretion. They may use these points to re-roll a roll, or save them up for other benefits.
- 1 FP = Add 1 to a roll
- 1 FP = 1 Skill point in a class skill
- 1 FP = 1 re-roll
- 1 FP = + 1,000 Gold Pieces at Character Creation (May only spend 1)
- 2 FP = 1 Skill point in a cross-class skill
- 2 FP = One HP
- 2 FP = Give one Fate Point to another PC (may only do this during ‘downtime’)
- 8 FP = A Feat
- 10 FP = An increase in one attribute by 1
|Unearthed Arcana Options|
No racial variants. No Paragon Classes.
No more Bloodline “levels”, 20% experience penalty for minor, 30% for intermediate and 40% for major.
Races that have an ECL of 1 or higher will substitute a racial level of the appropriate type for each ECL Level. For instance… a Goliath character (ECL1) starting at 1st level would have NO class levels and ONE level of monstrous humanoid.(See Monster Manual III, glossary) Races with an ECL penalty do not receive the usual benefits for starting a class at 1st level.
Playing monstrous characters with my house rules is different. Some of the racial templates, bloodlines or monster level-progression-builds (as per Savage Species) become unbalanced. Thus, I have redesigned the following monstrous races for use in my game.
- Pure arcane spell casters (such as Sorcerers/Warlocks/Wizards) get to start at +1 level higher than other classes. They are not required to use spell components (although spell effects may improve if they do)
- Pure melee classes get an exotic weapon proficiency for free.
- Weapon Specialization is open to every class.
- No Psionics
- No Gestalt Classes